Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Homosexual "Marriage" Ban Banned

There is a quote in this article that caught my attention and it is a topic that has gnawed at me for a long time. Fox News
Democratic state Sen. Sheila Kuehl... predicted otherwise. "This is about America, the place where no civil rights movement has ever failed,"


She is absolutely right of course. If this were a civil rights movement it would not fail. Right now they are losing. A number of states have passes Gay Marriage Bans. It irks me to no end that there is not a discussion of whether or not this is a civil rights issue. The language has been adopted and people assume that it is. They listen to the rhetoric of one side and don't look any further. No study, from an un-biased group, has shown "being gay" to be a natural thing. We know it isn't because: 1st the Bible tells us it isn't, 2nd If it were natural you could not come out of the lifestyle. I could go on but you get my point. If we are to be honest and make good laws then we need to see if there is a need for it. If "gay" people were not born the way they are then this isn't a civil rights issue. Let's put that on the table.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't marriage instituted by God and not by the state? I have a hard time getting upset about gay marriage... so the state sanctions gay marriage... big deal that doesn't mean that God does. In the end it's His oppinion that matters. Is passing a law that prohibits gay marriage going to stop people from being gay? I doubt it.

As Christians we're called to share Jesus who changes hearts (that's the only way to make a LASTING difference) I'm not sure what difference laws make in reguard to that.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I just have a hard time reconciling Christianity with politics.

If you have time check out this article (maybe post about it I'm interested in what you think about it)
Church and State: Keep them seperated

8:38 AM  
Blogger Minchanian said...

I know you must be utterly confused by the fact that you know who I am and know my political and religeious leanings :) However, you missed the point of my post. The point is from a human perspective. If we are to be logical then we must discuss and debate whether or not being "gay" is a civil right. I include my view because I must. There is no discussion about whether it is or isn't.
As far as the bilical perspective:
Proverbs 29:2 says,
"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

"Righteousness exalts a nation, But sin is a disgrace to any people" Proverbs (14:34).
Sin leads to further corruption.

"Loyalty and truth preserve the king, And he upholds his throne by righteousness" Proberbs(20:28).

We have a government in which we are required to be active(it wouldn't be here without people) if we can affect if for righteousness then we SHOULD. Use emotions and common sense and it may not be a mess you want to be in, but to me the Bible is clear we are to be open about sin, even in High places.

http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=638

11:03 AM  
Blogger Minchanian said...

By the way, Seperation of Church and State has nothing to do with this issue. The Church is not to endorse one Specific Religeon. That is all.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Minchanian said...

AArrg!!! The GOVERNMENT isn't supposed to endorse any specific religeon.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay... My comment was more of my view on gay marriage then a critique of your post... and the link was intended to be a different subject all together... Your post was just a jumping off point for me. Just thought I share that :)

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While we're randomly adding links here's one that you might like... George Miller's right wing blog of death

He hasn't updated in a while but I think it might interest you... and he's the son of the infamous F. Miller.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home